Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Rainy Tuesday

Rainy Tuesday, a time to reflect. It's rained steadily yesterday, and this morning. It has stayed fairly mild throughout the days and nights but still haven't felt like making my way out for exercise. Maybe Yoga tomorrow night, and a walk in the morning.

It is my daughter's birthday tomorrow, I am so proud of her and have really enjoyed getting to know my first grandchild. My son-in-law is being a wonderful and loving husband and father, I am thankful for that. I still remember the day of my daughters birth, February 13th at 1:19 pm. My first and only child, I remember the wait was the hardest part. There is nothing that more fundamentally changes your life then the birth of your first child. So much love and hope for the future, for all of the dreams to come. Hope has to be one of the greatest aspects of being human. The ability to believe that it will get better, that everything will work out fine. I have great hopes for Isabella, that she lives her dreams and her hope is fulfilled.

I can only think that at your hour of death that hope is your greatest asset. It's been a hard few months, and today being the anniversary of my mother's death is not making it easy today. I've lost my father and brother and have seen the pain it has brought on my family and friends. I can only rely on my hope at times like these. I hope that my family and friends are comforted in their loss. The hope that this year bring far fewer deaths. I hope for the families that are suffering be granted relief. That the hungry be fed. My hope is that you who are reading this right now be filled with joy, happiness, and your life improves this year.

I really hope I remember that no matter what our differences or interests are, no matter what our station or situation is, that we are all members of the human family. A community on this mysterious planet, that we barely understand. So much to learn, and so many great things to accomplish. This could be our greatest year!!

No comments: